Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hello Again, Finally....... 

After working like a mad woman for a very long time, I thought that I was finally going to have some free time - time to work on some new techniques, brush up on some old techniques and generally have TIME!  Wrong again! About mid-March I started experiencing very painful back problems. After several weeks of this getting worse and worse to the point where I could no longer stand, sit, lay down -  basically anything at all. I have medication that I use for this on a regular basis, but it didn't touch this level of pain. My doc suggested we try a new drug and to make a long story short, it's working!!!!!!  But this was no smooth path.  The side effects were severe, but I had been told to wait it out, that they would lessen considerably and/or disappear entirely.  I'm happy to report that they did just that and so now, I can actually sleep (lying down even!!),  walk, sit in a chair, and all those other terribly athletic moves that normal people do!  However, after basically missing the entire spring and summer, I ended up doing NO new work, learning NO new techniques, taking NO new classes...... and on and on. What a drag!  

Now that I'm back to work, Artisan is looming in the very near future, with Sundog a month after

that.  I have to work nearly around the clock to get enough new stuff for Artisan. This is my very

favourite show/sale so I like to make sure I have mostly new work for it. I hope to have a few newer

style pieces in it this year, assuming all goes well that is. 

I did manage to get a few pieces in the Art Now Exhibit with Handwave Gallery (thank you June): 


 This one is titled "The Big Round Bale" and is similar to one that was in my exhibition at Handwave Gallery last autumn.  This was different in that I used actual plant fibre in the piece.  And I've just been told that this piece, that had gone to Handwave Gallery, has SOLD. Yippee!!
















And this is "Brown-Eyed Susans".  Both of these are 8" x 8" (art size) framed to 14" x 14".  I had three other pieces in this exhibit as well, but these were the new ones.















This past spring my friend Jane Evans had an exhibit at Hue's on Lorne Ave. of her paintings. Jane switched from doing fibre art to painting and I don't think I know of anyone who has done a more smooth change over. Her fibre art was fantastic, and naturally, so are her paintings. My husband and I went to her reception with the goal of picking one for our home. The problem was deciding on which one. We finally decided on this one.  The  photo was taken in very bad light so I apologize to Jane for my poor photograph of her beautiful work. 

  

This was the year for art purchases as we also picked up a piece of Elizabeth Muirhead's at the Gardenscape Art Show.  I'm also happy to report that Elizabeth has been invited to show at Artisan this year. Her art will fit right in with this group of artists.  And again, I apologize for the bad photo. These were both pieces that were hanging on my wall and would have been difficult to get them down to photograph properly. 




That's it for right now.  I'll have another post about Artisan in the next couple of days.
Cheers.....donna


































No comments:

Post a Comment