Thursday, November 17, 2016




                                                          Brrrrrrrr.........Frosty!!


It's been a couple of weeks since the Artisan Show and Sale.  We had more space this year and so there were more artists in attendance,  a few of them new to the show.   One of the new artists was GK Bears - a teddy bear artist.  These are not your normal teddies - these are collector bears made from an original Steiff pattern and stuffed with Steiff-Schulte mohair.  Did I buy one?  Of course I did. He's so damned cute that I kept wandering over to their booth to look at him. Finally I just did it. He's now living in my studio. I still need a name for him though.  Any suggestions? Something German-ish I think would be appropriate.

There were new artists this year, such as Paige Mortensen with her beautiful paintings.  As well, Elizabeth Muirhead had a booth showing her superb felt work.

I sold several pieces and would like to extend a very sincere thank you to all of those who purchased my work.  The following were a few that sold:

                                                             When a Tree Falls




                                                                  Watson's Field
                                                         


                                                                    My Booth


                                                       The Path to the Lookout

I'm now madly working to get ready for Sundog, which is December 2, 3, and 4.  I'll have a space upstairs as usual beside my pal Judy Wood. This will likely be the show and sale with everything you can possibly imagine. A great venue for Christmas shopping!  I'll have my usual wall art, along with several very small pieces (3x3) that make great stocking stuffers and, with luck, some other goodies as well.   After Sundog, I'm planning on puttering away for Christmas and then spending the winter practising some new techniques and new work. I received the entry forms for Gardenscape awhile ago - don't know for sure if I'm going to do this one, but possibly.

OK - back to work.  I'm hoping to post more regularly (I know I've said that before, but.......).





No comments:

Post a Comment