Thursday, June 19, 2014

Just a Quick Note .......

First, a sincere thank you to the SK Craft Council's Talking Craft Blog for their profile of my work.  I appreciate this very much. The resolution on the pictures is incredibly cleartalkingcraftscc.blogspot.ca - check it out.  It's also on Facebook.

Also, I have a couple of new pieces that I'll be taking with me to Anna Hergert's Open Studio, which will be held June 27 & 28 in her studio on the lake.  This is a terrific event to attend.  You'll get to see what her students have created over the winter months, as well as what Anna's been up to. Not to mention, there are treats and goodies to die for!! After spending two days there, I will no doubt need to seriously diet! My husband and I are taking a few extra days and having a bit of a break. Living on an acreage is a lot of work and days off are few and far between.



View across the lake - this is a little piece at 5" x 5"



These three shacks are on the highway to Calgary. I think pretty well everyone has seen them at one time or another.  I don't have a name for this piece.  Any suggestions???



Well, that's it for today.  I'll try and add more pictures if I can before going to Anna's. If not, I'll have lots from her Open Studio and lots more new work to show you.  See you at the beginning of July..........donna

4 comments:

  1. These are adorable!! Such detail work in a small block! LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorette. Glad you like them.....donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could look at your work all day. It would be amazing to see the intricacies in person. The first word that came to mind of the shacks was "sentinels". They look like three soldiers or sentinels guarding the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much Jo. I think I've just found a name for this piece!!! donna

    ReplyDelete